We’ve put together a Recycling guide [1Mb] to help you recycle as much as you can.
Items you can recycle
- All rinsed cans and tins
- All rinsed plastic bottles (no tops, please)
- Birthday or Christmas cards (without foil or glitter)
- Newspapers, magazines and Yellow Pages
- Household paper and envelopes (including those with cellophane windows)
Items you can’t recycle
We cannot collect the following items because they can spoil the rest of the load:
- Black sacks, carrier bags and other plastic packaging
- Shredded paper
- Wrapping paper
- Cardboard juice cartons
- Aluminium foil
- Mixed plastics such as yoghurt pots, margarine and ice cream tubs, and cling film
- Textiles and clothing.
- Any household or garden waste
- Glass – put in your glass recycling box, basket or bin.
- Kitchen waste.
Recycling dos and don’ts
- Break down large boxes
- Rinse cans, tins and plastic bottles
- Put the items loose in your blue bin – no bags
To check your collection day, use our In my area feature.
If you have extra recycling, you can order free clear recycling sacks from our Customer Services team using the contact details on this page. Fill the sacks and put them out next to your blue bin for collection.
You can also take bulky items of recycling to the household waste recycling centres .
Recycling bin sizes
There are three different sizes of recycling bin, so if you regularly have extra recycling and feel that your bin is not big enough, you can order a larger one for free if you complete our order a larger recycling bin or a glass collection box form below.